Jinnah Medical College Peshawar was recognized on 16th January 2009 vide Federal Gazette Notification No. F.3-46/2008-MER dated 16th January 2009.
Affiliated with Khyber Medical University, Peshawar, Jinnah Medical College was the first ever private medical college, which followed the law of the land and has the honor of affiliation with Khyber Medical University of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa since its inception.
Since 2014, five Batches of MBBS have been passed out and have joined the cadre of provincial health services as house job officers and medical officers.
The students of Jinnah Medical College Peshawar have not only shown excellent results in the annual Khyber Medical University examinations but also number of the students secured distinctions among all the public & private medical colleges of the province.
Khyber Medical University Vision
Khyber Medical University will be the global leader in health sciences academics and research for efficient and compassionate health care.
Jinnah Medical College Vision
Jinnah Medical College will be a leader in medical sciences for quality medical education and research for the delivery of comprehensive and compassionate healthcare services.
Jinnah Medical College Mission Statement
To train graduates in a learning environment that equip them with essential knowledge, skills and attitude for the delivery of compassionate healthcare, community health promotion and contextual research at national and international level.
Jinnah Medical College Outcomes
By the end of MBBS program, the graduates of Jinnah Medical College Peshawar will be able to:
1. Manage common diseases with precise diagnosis and recommendations of appropriate treatment.
2. Accurately diagnose and manage admitted patients in hospital for better healthcare delivery to the community.
3. Plan the referral of patients requiring a consultant opinion.
4. Display teamwork attitude in the management of patients in a community and hospital setting.
5. Promote and volunteer in community health prevention activities.
6. Demonstrate a commitment towards continuous professional development and lifelong learning for a better healthcare delivery to society.
7. Develop peripheral skills including communication, work ethics, management and leadership to help the graduate in becoming a global leader.
8. Participate in research activities and generate contextual data that could help inform clinical and community practice.
- Jinnah Medical College lies under the Category of:
“Body corporate registered under the relevant laws of companies or societies or trust”.
- Jinnah Medical College is affiliated with Khyber Medical University, Peshawar as per Sub-section 2 of Section 5 of the Khyber Medical University Act, 2006 [then] (N.W.F.P. ACT NO. 1 of 2007).
- DHQ Teaching Hospital, Charsadda.
- Naseer Ullah Khan Babar Memorial Teaching Hospital Peshawar. Jinnah Medical College is attached with two Govt. Hospitals with 500 free beds (approved) for the Clinical Training of the students by PM&DC. These are: –
- As per PM&DC criteria, the College has now its own 250 bedded functional hospital i.e. Jinnah Teaching Hospital since January, 2015.
Jinnah Teaching Hospital ISO Certified
Study Boards and/or Curriculum Committee